July 24, 2007

Lavender


Lavender... it's probably my most cherished plant at the moment... Although I'm ashamed to admit that I tried planting some last year and our dog decided that he wanted to yank it out of the ground 4 days later and run around the backyard with it dangling from his sloppy jowls...

Every time I see lavender I feel like I should be walking barefoot near a farmhouse in Provence, without a worry in the world, sipping on Bordeaux and admiring my summer tan. Then I realize that I'm staring at what I think is lavender, and it's actually not lavender at all. Rather, some new grotesque variation of a city weed growing out of an usually large crack in a DC sidewalk... I realize this while waiting in a cloud of CO2 fumes at the 13th Street bus stop where I've just been kicked in the heel by the person behind me... awesome.

hey, a girl can dream, can't she?

No comments: